The College of Saint Elizabeth's integrative and interdisciplinary M.A. in Social Media Design and Management is open to all qualified students who have a bachelor's degree in almost any discipline. Students in this program will:
- Learn about the history and development of social media;
- Acquire skills to create innovative branding and graphic designs for e-markets;
- Write business-savvy text;
- Understand key communication theories and principles; and
- Gain the ability to market and manage social media sites for private, public and governmental employers, as well as private individuals who demand a creative web presence.
This M.A. teaches multi-disciplinary skills while keeping students abreast of changing developments, markets and sites crucial for job readiness. The 31-34 credit degree includes day, night and online classes during the full-time, two-year course of study.
A design portfolio and a review of undergraduate courses could result in the acceptance of up to 12 credits towards the degree.
- Completed application;
- Personal statement citing interest and evidence as to why you should be admitted to the program, including why you are interested in this multi-disciplinary field, why you chose the College of Saint Elizabeth, as well as how you plan to complete the degree in the recommended time frame;
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a previous professor);
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) colleges/universities attended;
- An undergraduate GPA of not less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students who have background and potential for success but whose GPA is less than 3.0 may be admitted on a provisional basis;
- Satisfactory writing and computer literacy.
For International Students:
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. International transcripts must be evaluated by NACES (i.e. WES) on a course by course basis;
- TOEFL/IELTS (if necessary).
Upon completion of the M.A. program in Social Media Design & Management, candidates will be able to:
- Identify, understand, and utilize the power of social media platforms for responsible endeavors;
- Create well-conceived, designed, and written material for various sites and platforms and for diverse audiences;
- Know communication and advertising strategies for local and global markets at various business levels;
- Evaluate the latest marketing and data tracking strategies to help enhance, manage and market the businesses and cultivate influencers;
- Identify, embrace, adapt and utilize changing trends, techniques and strategies of evolving social media.
Teave kooli kohta
Founded in 1899 by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, the College of Saint Elizabeth has a strong tradition of concern for the poor, for developing leadership in a spirit of service and social ... Loe edasi